Job Details & Application
On-Call Program Provider Posted on May 9, 2023
Reporting Manager: Registry and On-Call Program Manager
Hourly Wage/Salary: $19.25 /hr.
The IHSS Public Authority and Homebridge are teaming up and offering opportunities for work to help provide San Franciscans needed home care services at this time. The Emergency On-Call Program Provider's serve a diverse group of consumers in all neighborhoods of San Francisco on a short-notice, intermittent, short-term or on-call basis. Emergency On-Call Program Provider's are expected to respond quickly to On-Call assignments, arrive for scheduled shifts equipped with required supplies, and assist consumers with both personal and domestic services authorized by IHSS. They're expected to communicated with consumers regarding their needs and to continuously update and scheudle availability with the Public Authority staff on a monthly basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to On-Call assignments quickly to schedule work.
- Arrive for scheduled shifts equipped with required supplies aand safety equipment provided.
- Assist Consumers with both personal and domestic service needs and schedule.
- Communicate with Consumers regarding their service needs and schedule.
- Update schedule and availability with the Public Authority staff on a monthly basis.
- Provider Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled with SF IHSS as an Independent Provider, enroll online at: ihss.sfipenroll.org
- Have passed IHSS DOJ Background Check
- Have a current TB test (within the last 10 months)
- Able to provide a minimum of 3 verifiable references (1 work & 2 personal)
- Must be willing to perform personal care tasks. Examples include help with dressing, bathing, and/or grooming.
- Prior caregiving experience preferred, but not necessary
- Independent Provider Responsibilities:
- The provider has the responsibility to provide reliable, safe, high-quality services as directed by the consumer and authorized by the social worker.
- Must be dependable, professional, honest, respectful, and patient.
- Respect the consumer’s dignity, privacy, property, religion, and culture.
- Must keep personal information about the consumer confidential.
- Must be a Mandated Reporter – be intuitive in reporting signs of neglect or abuse to Consumer
- $19.25/hour (Paid by The State of California)
- Paid training available (Career Pathways)
- Health, Dental, & Vision Benefits available
People with Disabilities at the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Service Public Authority recognizes the value of having significant representation of people with disabilities in all units and at all levels of staff and management. For this reason, the Public Authority strongly encourages applications for employment from people with disabilities. To maximize flexibility related to benefits, the agency has adopted a "cafeteria" benefits plan. The Public Authority provides several health care plans and dental options for employees working 75% time or more. All employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Act.).
How to Apply
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.
To be considered for this position, please visit the On-Call Provider page to complete the application.