Job Details & Application
Provider Specialist Posted on February 21, 2023
Under the supervision of the Recruitment and Engagement Manager coordinates administrative and outreach activities for services provided by the Public Authority. This position focuses on expanding the Public Authority’s outreach to the community, recruit, enroll, retain, and support providers. The position also provides direct administrative support to the Recruitment and Engagement Manager and Program Staff.
Reporting Manager: Recruitment & Engagement Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- 1. Guides the community and applicants with program inquiries.
- 2. Oversees the full recruitment cycle and processes the onboarding of new providers into the Registry; guides providers through the informative video, assists providers with questions regarding the application process, verifies IHSS eligibility status, distributes applications, interviews, screens, checks references, conducts orientations, requests provider ID badges, and accepts independent providers onto the Registry.
- 3. Assists candidates through the REVA enrollment process.
- 4. Coordinates ongoing support to assist Independent Providers in completing all required training.
- 5. Inputs data into the Salesforce database system; Creates provider contacts, scans, and uploads documents, and delivers in-depth note-taking.
- 6. Assigns phone extensions to new providers. Uploads bi-weekly extension reports to the Provider Connect Line database.
- 7. Conducts 3-month employment surveys for providers.
- 8. Assists providers with processing their monthly check-in updates via phone, text, email, or in person.
- 9. Responsible for tracking registry provider’s monthly updates, Tuberculosis test expiration dates, and other trackings as assigned.
- 10. Handles consumer/provider disputes and complaints. Has the ability to deescalate distressed situations, process complaints into Salesforce, notify the Program Manager, and investigate. Executes a disciplinary action.
- 11. Responsible for collecting, tracking, and analyzing reports as assigned by the Program Manager.
- 12. Analyzes provider data and local community demographics to identify key areas to enhance outreach and recruitment efforts. Utilizes reports for recruitment and engagement campaigns.
- 13. Acts as the liaison to our community partners. Organize and attend community outreach events to inform the community about the programs offered by the Public Authority.
- 14. Creates flyers and other outreach materials as required.
- 15. Assists in the creation and implementation of marketing materials.
- 16. Works closely with the Provider Engagement Coordinator to assist providers with training and workshops.
- 17. Provides referrals and links of community services to providers.
- 18. Responsible for setting up and overseeing campaigns; mass mailings, text messages, voice messages, and other announcements and reminders.
- 19. Responsible for updating/revising data and troubleshooting with the database administrator.
- 20. Oversees recruitment cycle of potential On-Call providers. Screens and suggests potential providers to the On-Call Program Coordinator, to become an On-Call Provider.
- 21. Support other departments in the organization as needed.
- 22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- 2. Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- 3. Bilingual skills: oral and written fluency in English and Cantonese is required.
- 4. Experience with database systems such as word, PowerPoint, excel, and access.
- 5. Ability to work in a high call volume environment.
- 6. Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- 7. Sensitivity towards and skill in working with diverse ethnic and cultural individuals and groups, people with disabilities, and seniors.
- 8. Ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team, and independently.
- 9. Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- 10. Proven leadership abilities, showing initiative and ownership of assignments/projects.
- 11. Innovative and savvy with modern technology to increase productivity or the ability to learn.
- 12. Highly organized and demonstrated the ability to multitask.
People with Disabilities at the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Service Public Authority recognizes the value of having significant representation of people with disabilities in all units and at all levels of staff and management. For this reason, the Public Authority strongly encourages applications for employment from people with disabilities. To maximize flexibility related to benefits, the agency has adopted a "cafeteria" benefits plan. The Public Authority provides several health care plans and dental options for employees working 75% time or more. All employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Act.).
How to Apply
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.
To be considered for this position, upload your resumé and cover letter of no more than two pages to the PA Job Application page.