Job Title: DOJ Document/Livescan Technician
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Reporting Manager: Director of Finance and Operations
How to Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume including salary expectation with the subject line “DOJ Tech11012017” to email@example.com.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, reviews Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal record results for Independent Provider (IP) applicants for the San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Program (IHSS). This position requires working in collaboration with multiple agencies (SF IHSS Public Authority (PA) Department of Justice, Independent Provider Assistance Center (IPAC) and Department of Aging & Adult Services (DAAS)). This position also requires rolling of fingerprints of IP applicants, reviewing all records with an identified criminal history, identifying types of convictions and checking identified exclusion codes under California Welfare and Institution Code and Penal Code (Tier 1 & Tier 2 crimes), and determine eligibility status for convictions and inactivity. Technical experience is required for entering records results into CMIPS II database and generating required and requested reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all DOJ records and identify exclusionary codes for IP applicants to determine eligibility to become an IHSS homecare provider and enter data into CORI and CMIPS II database. Ensure CORI and CMIPS II database is up to date with most recent information and reflects any subsequent records.
- Generate and provide daily/monthly reports to IPAC, DAAS, and DOJ and other reports requested.
- Process the biometric (fingerprints) registration for applicants seeking work as an IP and notify IP’s if reprints are necessary.
- Follow standard protocol to process ineligible IP applicants and current IP’s with subsequent records.
- Primary contact to IP’s for questions regarding DOJ record results and eligibility status.
- Liaison between Public Authority, DAAS, IPAC, and DOJ regarding any criminal record information data for applicants.
- Attend meetings with all collaborating agencies as needed.
- Responsible for monthly SOC 881 project. Includes sending monthly notice to IP’s, update records in database and send required reports to IPAC and DAAS.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior HR Generalist to assist with mentor and on-call provider DOJ records.
- Primary back up for receptionist/admin support position.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to obtain DOJ background check clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Advance technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (word & excel) and browser-based web applications.
- Must have 2 or more years of direct experience in database setting.
- Experience in handling confidential information.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills. Bilingual in another language a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures, while using good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to sit and perform work in front of a computer 80% of the time.
- Ability to read and understand data reports and correspondence.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.