Welcome to San Francisco In Home Supportive Services Public Authority's Web Site Click here for a complete Site Map   
   Go - Click here to jump to selected menu option   
      Go - Click to start your search   

FAQ Category:   
Do I have to apply for Medical Benefits?
Yes, you must fill out an application form to begin receiving Medical insurance through the HealthyWorkers health plan. Applications are automatically mailed to those who are eligible.

Do I have to be on the Public Authority's Central Registry to become an IHSS home care worker?
No. People who have passed state requirements to be an IHSS worker can work as an IHSS home care worker or independent provider (IP) without being on the Public Authority Registry. To begin that process, go to the Enrollment Center at 77 Otis Street. The orientations are in the afternoon (Monday-Friday), starting at 12:40 p.m. Call (415) 557-6200 for more information. Make a language choice, then press 1. Or to enroll online as an IHSS IP, please visit the following website: www.ihss.sfipenroll.org.

PLEASE NOTE: There are additional steps to be listed on our Registry that require a separate application process. For more information on applying to our Registry, call (415) 243-4477 and ask to speak to a Support Services Counselor.

Do I have to pay each month for Dental Benefits?
There is a required monthly premium contribution. The amount you pay depends on the plan you enroll in, and varies from $1 to $3.

Page 2 of 9 - 25 records found.
Back to top | Back